PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
We recommend you keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your own reference.
If there is anything you do not understand please feel free to email any enquiry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions may be changed by us from time to time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the updated terms and conditions on this Website. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Continuing to use the Website represents your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
1. Garnet Casting operates a website (“the Website”) for the purpose of providing a service (“the Service”) of providing classified advertisements from third party Casting Agents (“Advertisers”) and enabling registered members (“Members”) to apply to such advertisements, at which point Garnet Casting will forward the Members details to the Advertiser or display further application instructions.
2. We are only partly responsible for the content, and make no warranty as to the accuracy of the advertisements. Members should always use their own judgement in deciding whether or not to apply for any of the roles advertised on this Website. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for the actions of any Advertiser featured on this Website. Members acknowledge that Garnet Casting is not responsible or liable for any dealings between themselves and third party Advertisers, including payment for and delivery of products and services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings.
3. Garnet Casting is only partly responsible for the content, and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of Members personal information. Advertisers should always use their own judgement in deciding whether to contact, cast or audition Members. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for the actions of any Member.
4. Submitting an advertisement on Garnet Casting is taken as consent to the use of your name, website, email, logo, and casting information in marketing and promotional activities conducted by Garnet Casting.
5. This service is provided in good faith by Garnet Casting. No liability can be accepted for loss or expense as a result of using this Website. By using the Website you agree that in no circumstances shall we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of business or profits or any other financial loss, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Website, under any law or on any basis whatsoever whether contractual or otherwise. While we will endeavour to moderate the Website to remove all objectionable content and will not be responsible for any errors, viruses, incompatible software or interruption in service.
6. You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses) losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your use of our services.
7. The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Uganda. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Website shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Uganda courts of law.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
8. Copyright and other intellectual property in the content of this Website is the property of Garnet Casting. You are not permitted to use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce the name and logo of Garnet Casting for any reason without our express written permission.
9. You will not copy, download, reproduce, republish, broadcast or transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material on the Website except as is strictly necessary for your own personal non-commercial and home use. You acknowledge that by posting materials on this Website you grant to us royalty free, perpetual and irrevocable worldwide license to use the materials both within the Website and in any other manner.
10. You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post on Garnet Casting, nor any activity or communication you make through the Website, will be capable of:
Infringing intellectual property, right to privacy, or any other rights of the individual or entity.
Breaching any applicable law.
Appearing to be offensive, threatening, false, obscene, pornographic, misleading or unreliable.
Responsibility for Minors
11. This site is intended for persons aged 18 or over. Any dealings involving individuals below the age of 18 will only be done strictly with the consent of a parent or guardian and the adult shall be Garnet Casting's primary contact of the same.
12. Advertisers will access the Website free of charge where appropriate and obtain information submitted by Members, and be able to post Advertisements. Garnet Casting does not make a charge for the placing of Classified Ads by Advertisers, nor is it necessary to register in order to place an Ad.
13. Premium members need to register and pay a subscription in order to use this service. Applicable fees will be set out in our price list.
14. For premium members, Garnet Casting does not make a charge to an Advertiser in the event that it employs a Member, nor does it take any compensation or commission from the Member. Ordinary members will however be charged a commission on jobs got through Garnet Casting. The commission shall be a calculated percentage of the member's earnings and may vary depending on the nature of the job.
15. All information provided to us must be complete and accurate. If your information changes you will be responsible for providing us with the updated information. We shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or consequences as a result of inaccurate or incomplete information we receive from you.
Usernames and Passwords
16. When registering as a Member on Garnet Casting your email address/username and password. All email addresses and/or passwords are exclusive and non-transferrable and must be treated as strictly confidential at all times.
17. Advertisers may share email addresses/usernames and passwords within the same organisation provided that sufficient care is taken to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and that such access is not abused.
18. You are responsible for any use of our Website with your password and protecting your password from unauthorised use.
19. In the event that you become aware of a breach or potential or suspected breach of clause 16 above then you must inform us immediately by email to email@example.com
20. You agree that when you create a profile Garnet Casting will publish your information, photos, videos and audio, and may allow other members to contact you. You also agree that you will not use the contact system to send junk mail, spam, offensive messages, or for any purpose other than those directly related to auditions. Garnet Casting will be the sole judge of any breach of conditions. Any breach of these conditions can result in your membership being terminated and a permanent ban from the site. No refund will be given if you have breached the conditions of use. For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not post your personal information (such as addresses and telephone numbers) on the Website.
21. Payment for this service is by cash only. For your security and convenience we use mobile money from the telecommunications providers in Uganda offering the service as our merchant. Payment will only be deemed to have been received by us when it has cleared into our mobile money account physically received.
22. Subscription to Garnet Casting is on a half year or annual basis. By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that once your subscription expires, so will your premium membership and you will no longer be entitled to the benefits of premium status. Subject to these terms and conditions, the Contract shall continue until the subscription is cancelled by Members via email.
23. We reserve the right to increase fees or introduce new prices or charges at any time. Current Members will be notified no less than 10 working days before their next period charge of this change.
24. You agree that no refund of any fees will be due to you in the event of your terminating the Contract, failure to formally cancel your subscription nor in the event of Breach of Contract.
Breach of Contract
25. Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to Garnet Casting, we may limit your activities on the web site, remove your advertisements, remove your profile and files, issue a warning to you, suspend or terminate your membership, or refuse to provide our services to you if you breach these terms and conditions or where Garnet Casting considers it appropriate.
Cancellation of Subscription
26. You may cancel your subscription and request the removal of your information from the Website at any time. You must send an email notification of the same to firstname.lastname@example.org giving a two week's notice of the same.
27. If the payment of any fees by you is not made in accordance with these terms and conditions you will be deemed to have requested the termination of the Contract as provided in clause 20.
28. Although we take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses or other destructive materials to our Website we do not guarantee that the service or materials that may be available from our Website do not contain such destructive features. We shall not be liable for any damages or liability attributable to such features. If you use any materials available through this Website you do so entirely at your own risk.
29. Access to our site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed from time to time. We will not be liable for damages or costs in these circumstances.
Third Party Websites and Services
30. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any third party website that may be linked in an advertisement and we do not endorse and shall not be held responsible or liable for any content, advertising, information, services or products on or available from such websites.
31. If any of these terms, conditions or clauses is found to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court, the remainder of these terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
Garnet Casting may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective immediately.
What we collect
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
a) information about your computer, your visits to and use of this website, including but not limited to your IP address, geographical location, browser type and number of page views);
b) personal information for the purpose of registering to join and use our service;
c) email addresses to be able to subscribe to our website and to receive email notifications of relevant jobs, TV industry and website news;
d) any other information that you choose to send to us;
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your personal information to:
a) administer the website;
b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
f) send to you Job updates and Industry news which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology
g) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
h) We may use the information to improve our products and services.
i) We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
j) From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone.
k) We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with our terms and conditions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Call: +25678 2862400